Who can apply for an Investor (Tier 1) visa?
You are eligible for an Investor (Tier 1) visa if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- Want to invest at minimum of £2 million into UK businesses
- Arrive from a non-EEA (European Economic Area) country
- Can prove that you, or your wife, husband, unmarried or same-sex partner is the owner of the money and have controlled the funds for at least 2 years
- Have opened an account at a UK-regulated bank
- Hold the funds in at least one regulated financial institution
- Can spend the money in the UK without restriction
If you meet the minimum investment requirements, the application process for a Tier 1 Investor visa is not as complicated as an Innovator visa. It will enable you to bring dependants with you, including children under 18, and married, civil or unmarried partners.
An Investor visa also allows you to spend up to 180 days a year outside the UK while remaining eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain. We can provide more detail about this and other specific requirements for the visa.
How does an Investor (Tier 1) visa enable me to settle in the UK?
Initially, you will be granted a visa that lasts for 3 years, which can be extended a further 2 years if required.
If you continue to invest in UK businesses during your stay, you may qualify for Indefinite Leave to Remain. This will grant full rights of British Citizenship for you and any children that are born in the UK.
You may be eligible for accelerated Indefinite Leave to Remain if you make an investment of at last £5 million over 3 years, or £10 million over 2 years.
Why choose us?
Our specialist immigration team will prepare and submit your application for an Investor (Tier 1) visa, ensuring you have the correct documentation and that everything is in order to comply with Home Office guidelines. We know that every application is unique and offer advice on the best type of application for your situation, giving you the insight you need to make informed decisions throughout the entire process.