Skilled Worker Visas

If you are a skilled worker from an EU or non-EEA country applying for job vacancies in the UK you will need to apply for a Skilled Worker visa. Employers looking to recruit overseas migrants from these territories will also need to apply for a Sponsorship Licence.

The Skilled Worker route can lead to Indefinite Leave to Remain after five years of residency in the UK. Whether it’s applying for a Skilled Worker visa or extending your current work visa, our immigration team are available to help you navigate what can be a challenging process.

Enquire Now

Enter your details below and one of our experts will call in as soon as possible


    Skilled Worker Visas for Individuals

    The Skilled Worker visa has replaced the Tier 2 (General) visa, with visa applications now made under the UK’s new points-based system. Both EU citizens and non-EEA nationals who arrived in the UK after 1 January 2021 will need a Skilled Worker visa to secure long-term employment.

    Individuals must meet a minimum points total and a number of other specific application requirements to be eligible for a visa.

    The main eligibility criteria is:

    • You must have been offered a job offer that is a ‘genuine vacancy’ by a UK employer
    • The employer must hold a Sponsorship Licence
    • The employer must provide you with a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)
    • The job must meet the minimum salary requirement
    • You must demonstrate English language ability at level of B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
    • You must meet minimum living and maintenance financial requirements
    • You must provide criminal record and valid TB certificates (if applicable)


    Skilled Worker Visas for businesses

    Businesses in the UK looking to recruit skilled migrant workers will need to apply for a Sponsorship Licence.

    This is a requirement for all organisations hiring from abroad, although it can be a more complicated process for start-ups and SMEs who operate with limited HR resources. Our experienced solicitors can verify that the job meets Home Office requirements and also help you apply for a licence.

    Employers must pay for each certificate, and there may also be additional immigration skills charges for certain employees – this is something we can advise on to ensure you do not overpay.

    Speak to our team today to discuss your immigration query, whether it’s for settlement, applying for a business visa or joining your partner – here at Expert we can help you with your application to ensure the best chance of success


    Why choose us?

    Whether you are an employer looking to recruit skilled migrant workers, or a foreign national seeking work in the UK, Expert Law will simplify the application process. Thanks to years of experience, we ensure everything is in order before submitting your documents, and we continue to liaise with the Home Office to improve your chances of success.

    Call us today for a confidential chat on 0800 170 7070 or contact us here to see how our solicitors can help.

    “Expert Law’s customer service was second to none. The team were very helpful from the very start and kept me constantly updated”
    @ Mary Grayson
    “Thank you to the entire team for making the claim process as easy and hassle free as possible. It was the first time making a claim so I was very nervous but Expert Law helped the process be stress free from the very start. Thank you.”
    @ Richard Abott
    Call +442037781347 to speak to the team today!
    Close Bitnami banner